Terms and ConditionsUpdated Aug 3rd ,2016
Pronto Courier Service (1995) Limited
The terms and conditions stated herein (collectively, the "Agreement") constitute a legal agreement between you and Pronto Courier Service (1995) Limited, an Ontario corporation (the "Company"). In order to use the Service and the associated Software you must agree to the terms and conditions that are set out below. By using or receiving any services supplied to you by the Company (collectively, the "Service"), and downloading, installing or using any associated software supplied by the Company which purpose is to enable you to use the Service (collectively, the "Software"), you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as published from time to time at http://wepronto.ca/terms-of-service.
The Company reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement or its policies relating to the Service or Software at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Service or Software. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement. Continued use of the Service or Software after any such changes shall constitute your consent to all such changes.
Representations and Warranties
By using the Software or Services, you expressly represent and warrant that you are legally entitled to enter this Agreement. If you are under 19 years of age, you must not use the Software and Service. By using the Software or Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 19 years old. By using the Software or the Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your participation in using the Service and/or Software is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your user status, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your user account to any other person or entity. When using the Software or Service you agree to comply with all applicable laws of the location in which you are physically present and or where the service is being provided while using the Software or Service. You may only access the Services using authorized means. It is your responsibility to check to ensure you download the correct Software for your device. The Company is not liable if you do not have a compatible handset or if you have downloaded the wrong version of the Software for your handset. The Company reserves the right to terminate this Agreement should you be using the Service or Software with an incompatible or unauthorized device.
By using the Software or the Services, you agree that:
- You will only use the Service or Software for lawful purposes; you will not use the Services for sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes.
- You will not use the Service or Software to cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience.
- You will not impair the proper operation of the network.
- You will not try to harm the Service or Software in any way whatsoever.
- You will not copy, or distribute the Software or other content without written permission from the Company.
- You will only use the Software and Service for your own use and will not resell it to a third party.
- You will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification we provide you which allows access to the Service.
- You will provide us with whatever proof of identity we may reasonably request.
- You will only use an access point or data account (AP) which you are authorized to use.
License Grant & Restrictions
The Company hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, right to use the Software and Service, solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by the Company and its licensors. You shall not:
- license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Service or the Software in any way;
- modify or make derivative works based upon the Service or the Software;
- create Internet "links" to the Service or "frame" or "mirror" any Software on any other server or wireless or Internet-based device;
- reverse engineer or access the Software in order to
- build a competitive product or service
- build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service or Software, or
- copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service or Software, or
- launch an automated program or script, including, but not limited to, web spiders, web crawlers, web robots, web ants, web indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, or unduly burdens or hinders the operation and/or performance of the Service or Software.
- You may use the Software and Service only for your personal use and shall not:
- send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws;
- send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including material harmful to children or violate of third party privacy rights;
- send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs;
- interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Software or Service or the data contained therein attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Software or Service or its related systems or networks.
By using the Services or Software, you agree that the Company may send you text (SMS) messages. You will not be able to use the Services or Software without text messages. You may opt-out of receiving text (SMS) messages from Company at any time by deactivating your account. Please send an email to email@example.com indicating that you no longer wish to receive such messages, along with the phone number of the mobile device receiving the messages, and we will deactivate your account. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while the Company de-activates your account, and you may also receive text messages confirming the receipt of your de-activation request.
Any fees which the Company may charge you for the Software or Service, are in Canadian dollars and are due immediately and are non-refundable. This no refund policy shall apply at all times regardless of your decision to terminate your usage, our decision to terminate your usage, disruption caused to our Software or Service either planned, accidental or intentional, or any reason whatsoever. The Company reserves the right to determine final prevailing pricing - Please note the pricing information published on the website may not reflect the prevailing pricing. The pricing displayed is a best estimate based on the information provided.
Pricing is based on distance and time. Time: The more time we have to do your delivery the less it will cost you. It’s important to take advantage of the flexible delivery windows to lower your cost even more.
- Distance: The further we have to travel the more the delivery will cost.
- An estimate will always be provided on the delivery charge before you put the order through.
- There could be additional charges added, such as weight and waiting time that will not appear in the estimate because they often are only added after the pickup takes place.
- Each delivery includes 10lbs free and there is a charge of $0.19 for each additional lbs.
- Each delivery includes 10 minutes of free time at the pickup and at the delivery. If a driver has to wait, or stand in line, or pick up various items in a store, walk up and down 4 flights of stairs, etc… there is an additional charge after 10 minutes.
- Each additional minute is billed at $0.50/min for a Bike, Car, and $1.00/min for a SUV, Mini van, Cargo Van and Cube van.
- Pricing updates can happen at any time.
- Any purchases made on your behalf will have a 5% surcharge on the amount paid.
- A bike can pick up items up to 15lbs and must be a manageable size. Some bikes are more skilled at the fine art of balancing large light objects, a good rule to follow is nothing bigger than a 12 by 12 by 6 inch box.
- Cars can pick up deliveries with a total weight of up to 150lbs.
- When your deliveries weigh more than that, then you’ll have to select a SUV.
- SUV can take up to 350lbs.After 350lbs you’ll need a minvan
- MiniVan can take up to 1000lbs.
- After that you ll need one of our cube vans which can take up to 8000lbs or 8 skids.
- If you have something that weighs more than 8000lbs, we can send in the right vehicle, but you’ll have to call the office so we can get the details and quote you a price.
- SUV have an additional surcharge of $14.99
- Vans have an additional surcharge of $24.99
- Cube Vans an additional surcharge of $74.99
GST provincial tax will be added to the final price once the delivery is completed.
If you cancel your delivery after a driver has picked up and has to return you will be charged the full price. If you cancel your delivery before the order is assigned to a courier there is no charge. If you cancel your delivery once it has been assigned to a courier, but has not yet been picked up there is a 50% charge of the total delivery fee.
In addition to the amount due, delinquent accounts and/or chargebacks will be charged with fees and/or charges that are incidental to the collection of delinquent accounts and/or chargebacks including, but not limited to, collection fees and/or convenience fees and/or other third parties charges. You hereby explicitly agree that all communication in relation to delinquent accounts will be made by electronic mail or by phone, as provided to the Company by you. Such communication may be made by the Company or by anyone on its behalf, including but not limited to a third party collection agent.
The Company, at its sole discretion, makes promotional offers with different features and different rates to any of our customers. These promotional offers, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your offer or contract. The Company may change the fees for our Service or Software as we deem necessary for our business. We encourage you to check back at our website periodically if you are interested about how we charge for the Service of Software.
All orders have $150.00 insurance included. If you require additional insurance you must contact Pronto before placing your order. Additional insurance may be granted or not at the sole discretion of Pronto.
Intellectual Property Ownership
The Company alone (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, in and to the Software and the Service and any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you or any other party relating to the Software or the Service. This Agreement is not a sale and does not convey to you any rights of ownership in or related to the Software or the Service, or any intellectual property rights owned by the Company. The Company name, the Company logo, and the product names associated with the Software and Service are trademarks of the Company or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them.
Third Party Interactions
During use of the Software and Service, you may enter into correspondence with, purchase goods and/or services from, or participate in promotions of third party service providers, advertisers or sponsors showing their goods and/or services through the Software or Service. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity, is solely between you and the applicable third-party. The Company and its licensors shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, purchase, transaction or promotion between you and any such third-party. The Company does not endorse any sites on the Internet that are linked through the Service or Software, and in no event shall the Company or its licensors be responsible for any content, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or third party providers. The Company provides the Software and Service to you pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You recognize, however, that certain third-party providers of goods and/or services may require your agreement to additional or different terms and conditions prior to your use of or access to such goods or services, and the Company disclaims any and all responsibility or liability arising from such agreements between you and the third party providers.
The Company may rely on third party advertising and marketing supplied through the Software or Service and other mechanisms to subsidize the Software or Service. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to receive such advertising and marketing. If you do not want to receive such advertising you should notify us in writing. The Company reserves the right to terminate your account should you choose not to receive these advertising services. The Company may compile and release information regarding you and your use of the Software or Service on an anonymous basis as part of a customer profile or similar report or analysis. You agree that it is your responsibility to take reasonable precautions in all actions and interactions with any third party you interact with through the Service.
By entering into this Agreement and using the Software or Service, you agree that you shall defend, indemnify and hold the Company, its licensors and each such party's parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, attorneys, assigns and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with:
- your violation or breach of any term of this Agreement or any applicable law or regulation, whether or not referenced herein;
- your violation of any rights of any third party, including providers of courier services arranged via the Service or Software, or your use or misuse of the Software or Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE SERVICE AND SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW BY THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR GOODS OBTAINED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICE, AND ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY AND/OR DUE FROM YOU IN THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE). THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BY NOT LIMITED TO LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE, ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER, ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE OR IS REFERRED BY THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE COMPANY MAY INTRODUCE YOU TO THIRD PARTY COURIERS FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROVIDING COURIER SERVICES. WE WILL NOT ASSESS THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY COURIERS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTY COURIERS. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO DISPUTES, NEGOTIATIONS OF DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS. WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT PLAY ANY ROLE IN MANAGING PAYMENTS BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE REGARDING SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE (WITH ALL ITS IMPLICATIONS) RESTS SOLELY WITH YOU. WE WILL NOT ASSESS THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTIES INTRODUCED TO YOU BY THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICE. THE QUALITY OF THE COURIER SERVICES SCHEDULED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR SOFTWARE IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH COURIER SERVICES TO YOU. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE SOFTWARE AND THE SERVICE, YOUR SHIPMENTS MAY BE EXPOSED TO SITUATIONS THAT ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND THAT YOU USE THE SOFTWARE AND THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE COMPANY'S SERVICE AND SOFTWARE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
The Company may give notice by means of a general notice on the Service, electronic mail to your email address on record in the Company's account information, or by written communication sent by first class mail or pre-paid post to your address on record in the Company's account information. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing or posting (if sent by first class mail or pre-paid post) or 12 hours after sending (if sent by email). You may give notice to the Company (such notice shall be deemed given when received by the Company) at any time by any of the following: letter sent by confirmed facsimile to the Company at the following fax numbers (whichever is appropriate): (416) 979-8265; letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail to the Company at the following addresses (whichever is appropriate): 269 Richmond Street West, 201, Toronto, Ontario. M5V 1X1
This Agreement may not be assigned by you without the prior written approval of the Company but may be assigned without your consent by the Company to
- a parent or subsidiary
- an acquirer of assets
- a successor by merger
- Any purported assignment in violation of this section shall be void.
- Term and Termination of Agreement
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Ontario. You and the Company agree that any legal disputes or claims arising out of or related to the Agreement (including but not limited to the use of the Software, or the interpretation, enforceability, revocability, or validity of the Agreement, or the arbitrability of any dispute), that cannot be resolved informally shall be submitted to binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be mutually agreed by you and the Company. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Claims shall be brought within the time required by applicable law. You and the Company agree that any claim, action or proceeding arising out of or related to the Agreement must be brought in your individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective, or representative proceeding. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, collective, or class proceeding.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you, the Company or any third party provider as a result of this Agreement or use of the Service or Software. If any provision of the Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced to the fullest extent under law. The failure of the Company to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by the Company in writing. This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between you and the Company and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.
Specific terms related to Alcohol delivery
- It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 19 years. If you look under 25 be prepared to show valid Identification or the delivery will not be handed over and you will be charged for the order in its entirety.
- The Company may request supporting documentation such as a valid passport or drivers licence at the delivery before releasing any alcohol or tobacco products.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or reverse any transaction at our discretion where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in.
- If there is no one at the Delivery Address or no one over the age of 19 to receive the order when the order is delivered you may be required to pay an additional fee.